Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Slow Cooker Jambalaya

OMG...I saw this on pinterest and I knew I had to try it...or have my husband try it. {He cooks a little more often than I do...he's a firefighter who likes to eat and enjoys cooking and brewing his own beer}

Click on this image, which will take you to pinterest,
then click the image again for the direct site.


When I showed him this recipe he was all over it and we had it for dinner tonight. This jambalya is not hot so it's okay for the kiddos. A few things though...Our Jambalaya was not as pretty as the picture, but it tasted delicious, also it says to wait till the last 30 minutes to add the rice and shrimp. 30 minutes was not long enough to cook the rice and yes we had it on high. I'd recommend a good hour for the rice and then put the shrimp for 30 minutes. Lesson Learned! Here is a picture of our tasty jambalaya and a home made brown ale beer made by my sweet hubby.


Direct Link to recipe: http://www.americanfamily.com/recipes/easy-slow-cooker-jambalaya/43136/RL


1 comment: