Monday, November 21, 2011

A Paper Thanksgiving....budget friendly decor

~MONDAY {Make it}~


We are hosting Thanksgiving at our house this year. Normally we run from house to house, but this year both families are coming together in one home. Today I made some napkin rings, place mats, and thankful favor boxes for Thanksgiving. Our Thanksgivings aren't fancy. No fine china here, but we do use real plates and pre-set the table. We always have a buffet style dinner and sit together to eat.

I used 12x12 scrapbook paper as place mats {16 cents each} and I punched the corners with my rounded edge punch.

With the same style paper I made napkin rings {no need for fancy napkins...I use paper towels}, the stickers are from this {Free Printable} that I printed on sticker paper and punched out with my 1" circle punch.

Then I used my sizzix pillow box die to make little gift boxes that hold 4 Hershey's hugs and kisses. I embellished them with green paper hand punched on one side with a lace trim punch, a crescent tag (sizzix die) that says 'thanks,' and a piece of twine.

I found an awesome burlap role at Micheal's today...it makes a great simple and thin runner for the table, plus I'll be able to use it for gift wrapping...yay!

I also found the star wreaths yesterday at Target {$10 each} and love them.

So that's what I made today.


No comments:

Post a Comment